What is testosterone therapy?
In simple terms, testosterone therapy is a safe and effective way to supplement low testosterone levels that occur during the aging process and is a way to “turn back the clock” and feel youthful again.
Things to know
- What if my primary care physician says my testosterone levels are normal? Why do I still have symptoms?
- With our individualized treatment plans we treat symptoms not numbers.
- levels can vary and a blood test is just one indicating factor of needing therapy.
- an individual can still be considered normal, but you can still be in the low to normal range and experience symptoms & still benefit from therapy.
How does it work?
Our clinic uses a customized blend in our weekly injections to control peaks and valleys compared to pellets, messy gels and creams. Injections vs gels, creams and pellets are a more effective way to achieve optimal levels and maximize outcomes while minimizing side effects.
If patient prefers for their convenience we can ship your medication to your home which you can self-administer after becoming comfortable with the injection process in our clinic after the first 6 weeks of starting therapy. You would still come for an in-office appointment once a month up to every 60 days. This is a great option for patients who live outside the metro Omaha area or men that are just to busy with everyday life for a weekly appointment. We do use Telehealth virtual care to assist in limiting the trips to the clinic but still be able to monitor your therapy to get you the maximum benefits of your treatment.
What are the next steps ?
1) Health Assessment
Provider will conduct a comprehensive health assessment that includes a blood test. This test is a full lab panel and you will know your testosterone & prostate-specific antigen levels.
2) Second visit
based on your labs and results our provider will create your personalized treatment plan/regimen and begin treatments.
3) Optimization and Prevention
Throughout your treatment, our provider will continue to monitor and optimize your levels and adjust accordingly.